Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Mind The Gap

It has been 6 years since I have come back to this blog, which I started as an almost newlywed upon being advised by my wedding website web designer friend. "You should start a blog so people know the behind the scenes stuff, you know?" So I wrote a few posts and thought that nobody really seemed interested. A couple years later, I found myself living in small town Connecticut-- married, freezing and bored. So I started another blog about my adventures of exploring my interests and my new life as a young responsible adult. It was called The Modern Renaissance Woman. It was great--I was writing about topics I was passionate about, and chiming in on current events, fashion, travel, exploring new skills like wine tasting and cooking and being a wife. I got lots of interest and fast, but pretty soon it felt like people went from suggesting, to asking, to commanding that I write about things they wanted to hear about--and I didn't like that. Plus I found out I was expecting my first child, so I decided to put that away until I had the time. So in the past couple years my cousin Charlie (we call her Cha Cha --pronounced Sha Sha) has been consistently telling me how she loves visiting us from the city (New York) and how I need to be blogging again. No! I tell her--I'm all set. That brings me to today. 6 years, 2 kids, a new job, a new house and several adventures later--here we are. I've decided to go back to my original space and just start posting about what I love again--what adventures I try, how I figure out this mom thing and housewife thing and balancing myself thing. I think exploring our humanness and all that we encounter could be fun to share. So here goes--my experience as a Rose--take 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment