Friday, September 23, 2016

Brunchin' In the City

I don't think I know a single person that doesn't love a good weekend brunch!  I think pre-fall is the perfect time to visit New York--so I caught a train and went for a visit for the day.




My girlfriends and I went to HavPlenty brunch at The Cecil in Harlem, since my friend Lauren Grant of The Grant Access always puts on a good event.  I had the absolute best deviled eggs that I've ever had--so much so that I recreated the recipe with my own spin on it as soon as I got home.  I posted the recipe.  The original was yellow curry/black currant with chives--the perfect balance of sweet and savory.

It just so happened that the African American parade was right outside on the next block--so we got to hit that up for part of the afternoon too.  Where are you brunchin' this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment