Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Hello Fall

Summer has always been my favorite season – – my skin drinks up the sunshine like honey and I get to hit the beach at least a few times a week.  I'm pretty sure that's why I chose to go to school in Florida and moved to Southern California right after I graduated.  Now that I live in Connecticut--I realize summers in New England are especially nice. The long days, barbecues with friends, endless beaches to visit, polo matches,  impromptu block parties with our neighbors, and soft serve ice cream at locally owned spots with the boys (Twisters!) are our family's traditions--and many of my friends are teachers, so I can play with them more too!

But one thing I never thought I would say, is that fall here takes the cake!  The mild temperatures, breathtaking fall foliage, and endless seasonal activities truly make it a special time of year.  This is when we tell people to come visit! Every year we break out our fall layers and the Roses go apple picking at Scott's, we hit up Clyde's Cider Mill, I take some me time (with girlfriends) and hit the Jonathan Edwards Winery Harvest Fest (with Sugar live!) and of course we pick out costumes for Halloween. Which is basically talking lil J out of being spider man yet another year!

Fall is also the craziest time of year for me, because Lil J's birthday, my husband's birthday and our anniversary all hit in a 4 day window.  Talk about planning ahead! Okay, let me get back to that planning.

Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment